We are going to try to resurrect the old Einhugur forums here. Hopefully we can keep out spam and keep the forum clean this time.

Excel Writer 1.1

I'm attempting to use Excel Writer 1.1 in a Web app to create and download an Excel file with the contents of a web listbox. This is pretty straight forward stuff. I have done the same thing with text and pdf files. The issue I'm running into is I am getting an error from this line:

Dim writer as ExcelWriterWorkbook = ExcelWriterWorkbook.Create(f, ZStream.GetZipEngineHandle())

The error says that ZStream.GetZipEngineHandle does not exist.

The examples in desktop apps work just fine. Do you have any recommendations on how I can eliminate this error? ZStream does not show GetZipEngineHandle in Autocomplete. All that is available is EOF, ErrorValue, LastError, PluginVersion, Position and Read.

Comments

• Hello

I am guessing you have to old version of the e-CryptIt Engine installed, the GetZipEngineHandle function did not always exist and it exists in 2 versions the lower grade and the higher grade version, both have same syntax but the ExcelWriter needs the newer one, so you need the very newest e-CryptIt Engine.
  • I'm using the latest version I could download this morning. 13.1.1
    The link said 13.1.2 in a couple of places but it unzips as 13.1.1.
    GetZipEngineHandle does show in a desktop app. This error seems to be specific to a Web app where the function is missing.
  • I can only assume this is a bug since I'm using the latest version of the e-CryptIt Engine with Xojo 2017r1.1. I

There is no logical reason the GetZipEngineHandle function works with desktop apps and not web apps. What am I missing?